“For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.” -Thessalonians 2:11-12
Youth Sunday School
Join us each Sunday at 9:30 AM.
Wednesday Night Bible Study
NEW STUDY STARTING JULY 22ND @ 6:00 pm
This will be a six week study, meeting at 6:00 PM on Wednesday night at the church.
OVERVIEW OF SERIES:
1 – LESSON ON FAITH IN JESUS
Bible: Hebrews 11:1-2; John 10:27; Genesis 39:3-4; Genesis 39:20-21; Romans 8:28
• Faith is having trust in something you can’t see.
• Our faith is in Jesus.
• We get to choose whether we are going to live out our faith every day.
• Jesus gives us meaning, and apart from God, we’ll always be empty.
• Learn to recognize God’s voice.
• Times of difficulty can deepen your faith in Jesus.
2 – LESSON ON FEAR & WORRY
Bible: Isaiah 41:9-10; Matthew 6:25-34; Matthew 6:25-34
• When you experience fear, know that God is with you and strengthens you.
• When you worry, remember that God takes care of all your needs.
• Instead of worrying, chase after God.
3 – LESSION ON FOLLOWING JESUS
Bible: Luke 9:23-27; John 10:10
• No matter what you’ve done, where you grew up, or what is going on in your life right now, you can follow Jesus.
• Following Jesus is a commitment.
• Following Jesus is worth it.
• When you give your life up, you will actually find it in Him.
4 – LESSON ON HOPE IN TOUGH TIMES
Bible: 2 Corinthians 11:23b-27; 2 Corinthians 4:7-9; Book of Job
• We have hope in Jesus, especially in the tough times.
• God can speak to you through the storm.
• God is God.
• Pain will not last forever.
• Look for the good.
5 – LESSON ON STRESS & ANXIETY
Bible: John 15:4-5; Galatians 5:22-23; 2 Corinthians 12:7-10;
• When we stay connected to God, we experience peace, joy, and love no matter the circumstances we face.
• Put Jesus the center of your life.
• In our weakness, God’s strength is revealed.
6 – UNITY & COMMUNITY
Bible: Galatians 3: 26-28; Acts 2:42-43
• We are one in Christ, which requires us to love and forgive others.
• We all need a group of people to:
• Love and be loved.
• Accept and be accepted.
• Pray for and be prayed for.
• Forgive and be forgiven.
• Celebrate and be celebrated.
• Know and be known.
Contact Bro. Tony for more information. His contact information can be found at https://www.fbcwoodbury.org/staff/.
There is always something going on so come and join us each Wednesday night at 6:00 PM. Also, keep watching for sepcial announcements about Youth Activities.